Office Noise

 I'm guessing the sounds drifting out of my home office this morning are quite interesting.  They go something like this:

"Hack, Hack, Wheeze."  "Damn!"  "Click, click" "Bang."  "Sniffle."  "Grumble, grumble."  "Hem!  Hack! Hem."  "Click, click, rattle, click"  "Expletive!"  All followed by more hacking, wheezing and cursing.  And occasionally a click, click of the keyboard.

Yes, I'm still suffering from a cold.  But that is the least of my frustrations this morning.  For months, I've tolerated a temperamental computer mouse.  Some days it would click and point and do everything a good little mouse is suppose to do, but other days the curser would lag behind or not even show up on my computer screen.  So I finally ordered a new mouse & keyboard combination that arrived the other day.  

Life was so good.  The mouse was perfectly behaved and I could scroll through pages, edit photos and do all sorts of PC acrobatics.  But that was short lived.  After about 24 hours the new mouse starting acting up PLUS the new keyboard would only respond about half the time.  And of course, all of this happens on the very week that I made a pledge to start blogging again.  

I got so frustrated that I turned off the computer and turned on the television.  And then I remembered that this is definitely a first-world problem.  Our neighborhood is safe, our sky is a brilliant, clear blue and the sounds outdoors include songbirds and spring peepers.  I imagine the people of Ukraine would switch places with me in a minute, temperamental mouse and all.

God bless the people of Ukraine.


Comments

Popular Posts